- M.Sc. COMPUTER SCIENCE, Ohio University, Fall 2015 - present
- Ph.D. OPERATIONS RESEARCH, Ohio University, Spring 2014 - present
- M.Sc. AEROSPACE ENGINEERING, Sharif University of Technology, 2006 - 2008
- M.Sc. AEROSPACE ENGINEERING, Sharif University of Technology, 2000 - 2006
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Machine Learning, supervised, unsupervised and reinforcement learning
- Deep Learning, time-series prediction and NLP with RNNs
- Natural Language Processing, semantic analysis and coreference resolution
- Evolutionary Optimization, Genetic Algorithms for industrial engineering and machine learning applications
- Scheduling, in production planning and manufacturing
- Technical Management, two years of work experience as a chief space systems engineer
Programming Languages & Tools
- Correlation of Job-Shop Scheduling Problem Features with Scheduling Efficiency. Sadegh Mirshekarian, Dusan Sormaz (2016). Expert Systems with Applications, Volume 62, pp. 131-147.
- Experimental study of seeding in genetic algorithms with non-binary genetic representation. Sadegh Mirshekarian, Gursel A. Suer (2016). Journal of Intelligent Manufacturing, pp. 1-10.
- Understanding the Job-Shop Scheduling Problem Structure Using Supervised Machine Learning. Sadegh Mirshekarian, Dusan Sormaz (2015). Proceedings of the INFORMS Workshop on Data Mining and Analytics, Philadelphia PA.
- A Heuristic for the Vehicle Routing Problem with Tight Time Windows and Limited Working Times. Sadegh Mirshekarian, Can Celikbilek, Gursel A. Suer (2015). Proceedings of 26th Annual Production and Operations Management Society Conference (POMS), Washington D.C.
- Enhanced Time-Expanded Decision Network: The Original TDN and More. Sadegh Mirshekarian, (2015). Systems Engineering, Volume 18, Issue 4, pp. 415-429.
- Effective & Efficient DSM Configuration Guidelines for Low-cost Development of Complex Systems. Sadegh Mirshekarian, (2012). Proceedings of the 14th International DSM Conference, Kyoto, Japan.